QRL Token Migration Begins!
Token Migration is now live! Token Migration is the first step of the final leg to launching our Main Network, though it will continue on past Genesis. We want to ensure that every token has its fair chance to be migrated, and to give every user who wanted a chance to have their QRL ERC20 tokens migrated before Genesis the opportunity to do so.
Our Token Migration instructions have been tested both internally, as well as by our awesome token migration testers in Discord. We would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to all our testers as their work will ensure a smooth migration for everyone.
- Token Migration App (this link is repeated below as well)
- Token Migration Video (covers the same steps as this blog, but in video!)
- Token Migration Guide (expanded instructions, will continue to be updated after Genesis)
Note: Those with unclaimed ERC20s from the pre-sale held during April/May 2017 will be contacted separately, at the email address they used during the pre-sale, in order to assist them receiving Mainnet Quanta (We ❤ Our Hodlers!)
Token Migration How-To
QRL Web Wallet Create Wallet Screen
Step 1 — Make Your QRL Wallet and QRL Address
The way to make a QRL Address is
- Use a QRL wallet service to generate a wallet using your browser (such as our web wallet at https://wallet.theqrl.org)
Token Migration App
Step 2 — Go to The QRL Token Migration Page
- Once you have a QRL Address of your own, you can open the Token Migration App
- Paste in your QRL Address.
- Enter an email address into the next field. All QRL ERC20 Burn Addresses are monitored and emails will be sent periodically when new transactions are detected to confirm QRL Mainnet Wallet balance.
Enter a valid ETH ERC20 Burn Address into this field and it will show how much ERC20 QRL is in it
- Hit “Submit” and an Ethereum address will be generated and displayed to you.
- This is your Burn Address. Each QRL ERC20 token sent to this address will be credited in a 1:1 ratio with QRL coins (Quanta) to the QRL Address you entered, in the Gensis block of Mainnet launch.
- If you should lose, forget, or for whatever reason need to re-generate your QRL ERC20 Burn Address, you can simply by re-entering your QRL Address into the token migration app.
- Every time you send your QRL ERC20 tokens from anywhere (exchange, myetherwallet, etc) to the burn address, if you entered an email address, you will receive a confirmation message.
Step 3 — Other/FAQ
- Once you have your QRL ERC20 Burn Address, you can now send QRL ERC20 tokens to that address, and they will be credited as Main Network QRL coins (Quanta) at launch.
- If launch has already occured, then they will be deposited into the QRL Wallet address you provided via a normal transaction on the QRL Network.
- If you have any questions, we are available for support on Discord (Channel #tokenmigration), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reminder: Those with unclaimed ERC20s from the pre-sale will be contacted separately, at the email address they used for the pre-sale, in order to assist them receiving Mainnet Quanta (We ❤ Our Hodlers!)