Bromine Testnet is LIVE!
Overview, installation & running, mining, and testnet incentives/awards
The Bromine public testnet starts at block 0 and wont have any of the features of Bromine until the Bromine testnet hardfork blockheight of 10500, or roughly 7 days from the date of this post on Friday, March 6th, 2020.
Testnet Wallet & Explorer
- At present use wallet.theqrl.org with testnet selected
- After the hard fork trigger in testnet (blockheight 10500) the new wallet features will launch on testnet-wallet.theqrl.org
- Testnet explorer is testnet-explorer.theqrl.org
As a reminder do not use the same wallet on mainnet as on testnet!
Installation & Running a node
Instructions are also in our documentation at https://docs.theqrl.org/node/testnetNode/
On a machine that’s not running a mainnet node, you’ll want to install the prerequisites on an Ubuntu machine.
And then install qrl version 0.2.0
Running a node
Running can be done by executing qrl with a testnet flag
You can mine to the network, either as a node or connecting a mining client to a mining pool
Keep in mind, up until blockheight 10 499, CNv1 (CryptonightV1) will be the algorithm. At blockheight 10 500, it will switch over to RandomX.
You can connect a mining client to the qrl public testnet pool: http://188.8.131.52/
Up until blockheight 10 499, you will need to use a CNv1 client. After that you’ll need to use a RandomX client.
Running a pool
Pool operators or those that want to run their own pool can find the code here: https://github.com/cyyber/cryptonote-nodejs-pool/tree/dev
It’s encouraged that you do so and post the link so people can test it.
You will find a .qrl-testnet folder in your node home directory. In it there’s a file called config.yml
In that file you’ll want to set the following parameters.
Be sure to substitute in your own QRL testnet address.
Awards / Testnet incentives
There are different testnet incentives each worth 100 Quanta (maximum 1 per person)
- First running testnet python node
- First testnet transaction
- First multisignature wallet (when the HF triggers)
- First multisignature transaction (when the HF triggers)
- First segfault
- First running pool
- First CNv1 (cryptonight v1) mined block from a node
- First RandomX mined block from a node
If you encounter an issue or bug we’d love for you to report it to the right repository:
- Wallet: https://github.com/theQRL/qrl-wallet/issues/
- Explorer: https://github.com/theQRL/block-explorer/issues/
- Node: https://github.com/theQRL/QRL/issues/
If you’re not sure where to report it, feel free to come into our discord and we’ll help guide you along the way.