Automatic token migration complete!
15th June 2019
On June 26th, 2018, we launched our QRL mainnet network and opened up our automatic token migration which has operated successfully and without a single incident reported.
This is thanks to the software that’s been written, and vetted, by several members of the QRL team. In addition, the diligent oversight of every migration that’s come through has ensured that the process has been smooth.
There came a time, however, for automatic token migration to end, and manual token migration to begin. As of today, June 15th, 2019, automatic token migration is closed.
This is the first step before ending migration completely.
Migration is now manual — from pixabay user leoleobobeo
“I forgot/procrastinated/missed the memo to migrate! Is it too late?”
If you still haven’t migrated your QRL ERC20 tokens to mainnet, you will need to follow these steps for manual migration:
- Step 1: A QRL User will email email@example.com with a QRL mainnet address the user created (QRL addresses that start with a Q).
- Step 2: Support (via firstname.lastname@example.org) will respond to the user with an ETH ERC20 burn address.
- Step 3: User will send QRL ERC20s to the ETH burn address sent via email.
- Step 4: QRL address provided by user will be sent Quanta at a 1:1 ratio to ERC20s burnt.
- Step 5: User will now have 1 Quanta in their QRL address for every 1 ERC20 they sent to their burn address.
While this guide is current, it may at some point become out of date. An up-to-date guide lives at our documentation site: https://docs.theqrl.org/tokenmigration/newguide/ (note: link not currently active and is just undergoing review)
I have QRL on Bittrex, is it migrated/when will they migrate?
The QRL on Bittrex is our mainnet coin as they have already performed the QRL migration last year.
There is no need to migrate these coins.
What will happen to the QRL ERC20 tokens and reserved Quanta after the final migration end-date?
At no point in time will the Quanta be accessible to the Foundation. Anyone that still has non-migrated QRL ERC20 tokens will still have them, of course.
This automatic token migration couldn’t have happened without you!
15th June 2019